Artwork collage including: James Woods caricature, illustration piece from senior project, and an outer space and rollercoaster painting

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

New Bedford Standard Times Illustration




This is a piece I did for the Standard Times Newspaper in New Bedford, MA. Our illustration class at Umass Dartmouth was  given the task of creating an image to go along with an article on travel, specifically entailing the unexpected things that can happen when you travel. The best image of our class would be on the front page of the section. I battled with this composition until the very end, and then started painting at 3 or 5 pm the night before we presented it to the board. No pressure! I never expected to win it. But one morning, 1 in the morning  to be exact, a few weeks later, I got an email congratulating me. Mine had been chosen. Thankfully the newspaper  also included my classmates images in the rest of the section. Everyone did a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment